This notice is an open call for nominations for community leaders to serve on the Hennepin Healthcare Community Advisory Board (CAB). CAB is an advisory group of volunteer members who are representative of the patient community served by Hennepin Healthcare, which includes residents of Hennepin County, the Twin Cities Metropolitan area, and out-state regions of Minnesota. The purpose of the CAB is to serve as an Advisory Body to the Hennepin Healthcare System Board of Directors reporting through the Mission Effectiveness Committee. The CAB will serve as a catalyst for relationship building and partnering with community organizations, populations with disproportionate unmet health needs, the business community and the individuals who live in the community.
To be considered for membership on the CAB, individuals can submit a letter of interest to CAB Board Member Dan Collison at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Dan Collison, 810 S 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415. A letter of interest or recommendation for the CAB should include:
- Specific reasons why the applicant would be a valuable member of the CAB including how the nominee would strengthen or build community relationships; and
- Examples of the nominee’s strong connections to the community and his/her understanding of the needs of diverse populations.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate knowledge of the following issues or topics:
- Diverse communities
- The health care system
- Racial, age, income, and/or geographic disparities
- Population or public health
- Minnesota’s Medicaid Program and/or social services
- Consumer/Patient improvement programs