Hennepin Healthcare is offering a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course at its downtown Minneapolis campus this May through July. MBSR is an evidenced-based program that can transform how you think and feel for a happier, healthier, and more peaceful life. The MBSR course will be taught by Kathleen J. Feil, Ph.D., L.P., a Senior Clinical Psychologist at Hennepin Healthcare who has extensive training in teaching MBSR.
This eight-week experiential training will teach you to:
- Live with greater calm, compassion, understanding, and focus
- Respond more skillfully and recover more quickly from a challenging and stressful situation
- Reduce pain levels and cope more effectively with pain that may not go away
- Reduce the impact of many health conditions such as high blood pressure, headaches, stomach ailments, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and others.
Throughout this course, you will learn formal mindfulness meditation practices, with the opportunity to check in with your instructor, gentle stretching and mindful yoga, group dialogue and discussions, and more.
Dates & Locations
- Orientation: Wed. May 15, 5-7 pm – free, open to anyone, required for participants.
- Classes: Wednesday, June 5-July 31, 5-7:30 pm (8 pm for 1st and last class; skip the week of July 3). Full day retreat on July 20
- Location: 900 S. 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415, Lower Level Shapiro Conference Room.
For more information about the course as well as registration info, click here. Questions? Contact Kathleen Feil at email@example.com