Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc. operates Hennepin County Medical Center in downtown Minneapolis and primary care clinics in Minneapolis on East Lake Street and in the Whittier Neighborhood and in the suburban communities of Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Golden Valley, Richfield and St. Anthony.
Hennepin County Medical Center is:
- Minnesota’s premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center with many nationally recognized programs and specialties
- A recognized system of primary care clinics and retail clinics located throughout Hennepin County
- An essential teaching hospital for doctors who go on to practice throughout the state
- A safety net hospital providing care for low-income, the uninsured and vulnerable populations, and
- A major employer and economic engine in Hennepin County.
Hennepin County Medical Center is operated by the Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc., a public subsidiary corporation owned by Hennepin County. The system’s 13-member board includes leaders from the community with expertise in health care, finance, human resources, human services, public policy, education, and the public sector. The Hennepin County Board retains oversight of the safety net mission and authority over the operating budget, capital plans, and the county owns the hospital assets.